Friday, June 20, 2008

The Texas Tornado

I've been all work and no say lately, which probably explains the weather theme. When I have nothing to talk about, the weather is always a good topic.

Yesterday I was highly encouraged by a VP to attend the monthly company meeting in Cube City, and I realized that I just couldn't do it. We had recently launched a huge brand site, and the craziest person in the company would be honored and recognized. I couldn't bear the thought of standing there feeling obligated to applaud her and the team members that she's ruined with her psychotic behavior.

I would have forced myself to be a bigger person and attend the meeting if the writer (who is awesome and reports to me) hadn't been on vacation. I need to see about getting her a raise for being on vacation so that I could avoid the meeting without guilt.

The writer has provided some fascinating stories about working with the craziest person in the company. The writer recently confided that our high-profile multimillion-dollar client calls the craziest person in the company "The Texas Tornado." I didn't ask for details. I drew my own conclusions. A tornado perfectly describes the craziest person in the company, who gets so worked up over anything and everything that she spirals out of control and violently destroys everything and everyone in her path as debris spews from her funnel of terror.

The big difference is that a normal tornado goes away. I wish The Texas Tornado would move on and rip the doors off somebody else's Cube City. We deserve a break in the weather around here.

No comments: