Monday, June 9, 2008

I Need a Decoy

Why do things blow up when I leave town? There are several climactic moments in Cube City when I'm around, but it's like World War Cubed when I leave. It's like these well-functioning people forget how to think and work when I'm not here. I don't want to be anybody's Homeland Security. Nobody should be that important, perceived or otherwise, in Cube City. It makes me feel uncomfortable, stressed, and burdened.

I despise the regret I feel when I return from a much-needed break. Why did I bother taking time off? I've come back to a field riddled with land mines and terrorists. How did things get so out of control in one day?

I will spend my Monday digging out from the rubble and seeing what I can salvage. It shouldn't have to be this way, but war is senseless. All I can do is try to rebuild. I would give anything for a decoy right now.

1 comment:

Trixter said...

Don't you hate feeling like you are the only one willing to shoulder the responsibility? Shouldn't people be willing to (and want to!) step up while you're out. On the one hand, it's absolute job security, but on the other, it is hell to come back after a break.

You're right -- you need a decoy. Or a clone. :) Welcome back!