Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Help Wanted

A few months after starting my very first job in Cube City, I posted a HELP WANTED sign above my desk. Fellow cube dwellers weren't sure what to make of it:
  • Was there a job opening?
  • Was the company too cheap to post the opening on a real job board?
  • Wait...how did the new girl get a job opening?
  • Was the technical writer freaking out about her workload...or just freaking out?

I didn't bother to explain. To create intrigue was really all I had working for me back then.

I am drowning in work right now, much like I was when I wanted help at my first job. But I have decided that I need new signage. Instead of inviting people into my cubicle with intrigue, I'd like to start driving them away. I wonder if they'd take a detour if I posted this sign: NO PARKING. VIOLATORS WILL BE TOWED AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE.

If you had Cube City signage, what would it be?

No comments: