Tuesday, June 17, 2008

An Interactive Outlook Exercise

It's almost that time. I'm just about a week shy of my commemorative one-year anniversary lunch box prize at the ad agency.

To celebrate the longest yet fastest year of my life in Cube City, I'm creating an annual event reminder on my calendar called I LOVE LUNCH BOXES!

This is a fun activity that all cube dwellers can enjoy. It reminds me of a time when I was meeting with a co-worker at his desk. We were reviewing a document on his computer screen when suddenly this Outlook reminder popped up: "Why the hell do you still work here?"

The timing seemed cosmic. I thought, "Wow, he must really want me to leave!" But as with most things in Cube City, it wasn't about me. He explained that he'd written that reminder to himself on his first anniversary at the job. I think I saw it on his fifth anniversary.

Now that is a true collector's item.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is an absolutely brilliant idea! I should make one of those reminders for myself.

Although if the timing is off you may be in the middle of a client presentation on the projector when it happens. That might result in an answer to that question pretty quickly. :)