Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tickets On Sale Now!

I want to be a rock star in Cube City. Think about how much fun that would be. Clients would:

  • Tell all their friends that they were going to come see me perform -- like it's a good thing.
  • Dance, cheer, and punch their fists in the air as I present content to them.
  • Chant my amazing and memorable written words in unison.
  • Throw roses and other prizes at my feet.
  • Long for a backstage pass and my autograph.
  • Scream and cry after I bid them farewell, settling down only when I give them an encore.
  • Buy a copy of my words on CD and maybe a t-shirt.
  • Exit the show feeling satisfied and exhilarated, like they'd just had the best time of their lives.

I'm sure there would be downsides to being a rock star in Cube City. High-profile positions always come with some scrutiny. Cranky journalists would write and publish their opinions about my act. It'd be like getting a performance evaluation every day from somebody who doesn't know me but thinks that they do.

Okay, so being in Cube City is kinda sorta like being a rock star.

No comments: