Thursday, July 16, 2009

Candyland

I wish I didn't know about the candy jars in Cube City. But since I have a serious sweet tooth, I seem to sniff them out pretty easily.

What is it that makes people bring candy to the office? Do these people actually want visitors? Are they trying to sweeten up to their visitors for favors? I never see them eating any of the candy at their desks, which floors me. How can you ignore a huge bowl of chocolate on your desk? Oh, and I love it when they look at me, shrug, and say, "I just don't crave chocolate," or "I have chocolate at home that's probably four months old. I just never think about it because I never want it."

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!

I'm trying to trim a few candy bars off my waistline right now and have been doing pretty well since Saturday. I even tested my willpower by bringing some of my favorite candy (yes, I am stupid) to work so that I could replenish the candy jar I most often frequent. I don't know what sweet-toothless cube dwellers get out of bringing candy to work, but I intend to get to the bottom of this mystery -- hopefully before I get to the bottom of the replenished candy jar.

No comments: