Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rumors Rising

I was minding my own business in Cube City when the topic of the rising star fell upon me once again.

This time, I was catching up with a fellow cube dweller about her projects. She brought it up, and the conversation went something like this:

Fellow Cube Dweller: So I heard that we're not filling the rising star's position, after all. Have you heard that?

Scissor Girl: No, I haven't. But I haven't had the opportunity to catch up with my manager lately.

Fellow Cube Dweller: Well, I also heard that we're not doing so well and are probably going to have layoffs. Have you heard anything about that?

Scissor Girl: I hadn't heard that either, but you know the state of the economy. It would not be a surprise. Not that it's any of my business, but who is spreading these rumors?

The name that my fellow cube dweller supplied just so happened to be the name of the person linked to the rising star's fall. Someone I know used to work with this person and stated that wherever said person went, drama historically followed. I didn't share this information with my fellow cube dweller, though, because it's obvious that the rumors are spreading just fine without my help. If any of this is true, it only makes me more intrigued to find out why the rising star has fallen and how said person spreading rumors seems to be so connected to the gossip chain.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

who needs soap operas when you can live one every day?

Michelle Medley said...

Thanks for writing, Scissor Girl. This is very intriguing - and hopefully just smoke and not a conflagration.

Keep your posts coming!