Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Need to Think It Through

I've been working so much in Cube City and sleeping so little that I can't think anymore. I can't formulate thoughts. I can't even put fragments of thoughts into intelligible words. I just have to tell people lame and vague things like, "I haven't thought through it yet."

Yesterday, something happened to pop the small amount of air left in my balloon. I had been working on three really cool concepts for a brand video with a pretty awesome team and had done a lot of the work after hours because I just couldn't fit it in with everything else on my plate.

After a lot of after-hours work, the project got shelved due to budget constraints.

It happens, but now I'm ridiculously exhausted for nothing. I hope we get to pick this fun project back up someday, but I really wish we could determine that there's no money for a project before we put our hearts and souls into it. You'd think we could do something this basic, but I guess we haven't thought through it yet.

No comments: