Monday, July 6, 2009

Sleepy Surprises

I don't like surprises in Cube City. Because I don't like surprises, I do what I can to prevent them. I check my work email around 10:00 every night before coming into work because, like I said, I don't want any surprises if I can help it.

But lately, a cube dweller has been sending emails around 1:00 AM, and not just to me. I feel like I need to come into work three hours early just to respond to all of her emails, and I have to wonder where she is during regular office hours and why she can't send her emails then, when we're all on a level playing field. Other cube dwellers agree with me that she needs to get a life. Or at least some sleep. Nobody should be sending emails at 1:00 AM.

If I didn't have a life, I'd surprise her with a 1:01 AM reply.

1 comment:

Michelle Medley said...

Ha! It's a shameless attempt to indicate that she works harder and is more dedicated than anyone else because she's thinking ahead of everyone else in the middle of the night.

Honestly, this is such an old device. Get a life and go to bed so you can think during the day.

Great post, Scissor Girl.