Friday, July 17, 2009

The Fling and Bling

I'm trying to decide how best to hold on to my pricey new ID badge in Cube City. The last one fell out of its plastic sleeve, which is no big surprise since I kept taping the sleeve up whenever the plastic tore apart. I wouldn't recommend scotch tape as an effective adhesive. That's your tip of the week about the most useless office supply in the world.

I've been keeping the new ID badge in my pocket during the day and so far have remembered to transfer it to my computer bag at night...because my pockets vary from day to day, but my computer bag stays the same. (There's a marketing slogan in here somewhere, but I'm too tired to find it.)

I used to work with a woman in Cube City who kept her ID badge in her purse. We'd return from lunch, at which time she'd just fling her purse up against the security device and *BLING!* We were in. If you have any tips about where to stash my badge so that I can fling and bling like her, send 'em along. I like being part of the "in" crowd.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The downside of the purse method is that if you just run out to the restroom without your purse, you're stuck outside.