Wednesday, July 22, 2009

le Detour de July

Those who know the real Scissor Girl know that I'm really into cycling -- both riding bicycles and watching races like le Tour de France.

July is like a three-week holiday for me -- well, except that I have to work in Cube City. But I usually watch le Tour during these three weeks via live newsflash coverage on a US website. Reading the newsflashes every couple of minutes (or at the very least, during the last few minutes of each race stage) is very exciting -- more exciting than watching the coverage on television. I just refresh my browser every few minutes and get a new surprise. I dream of being the journalist who gets to write these newsflashes, but I've got my own race to pedal here in Cube City.

I can't tell you how many years I've been reading live le Tour newsflashes in Cube City, but there's just nothing like this race. Rumor has it that Lance Armstrong is going to announce a new team tomorrow that will be built around him in 2010 (not his current teammate who has proven to be the stronger cyclist of the two). It's news that will keep life interesting for those of us stuck in cubicles during next year's race.

What helps you get through July in Cube City?

No comments: