Thursday, July 30, 2009

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

It's raining buckets outside right now. It might even be raining men, or cube dwellers, or cube dwellers who are men. I've been awake for a few hours with scared pets breathing in my face. There's no local news this morning that covers a topic other than the play-by-play of the weather, which shows how serious today's storm is -- to the media, at least. All I know is that it is storming like crazy on a work day, and the flood of questions begins: Should I stay or should I go?

I really need to travel to Cube City today, so of course the road conditions are going to be treacherous. I have to wonder how many people struggle with the decision to go to Cube City when the weather is sketchy. How do they go about making their decision? What drives them? I know it's not worth it to risk my life for Cube City, and yet so many people seem to make the trip to the office without a problem and keep the complaints to themselves.

I guess I'll try to make the trip, but I wish I didn't have to journey through making the right decision.

No comments: