Friday, October 2, 2009

10/2

It's going to be a great day in Cube City. Well, okay, I'm not sure about the Cube City part, but hey...at least it's Friday.

But Friday or not, I think 10/2 is a great day overall. I'm not a big fan of Lance Armstrong's enormous ego, but I think it's pretty cool that he celebrates 10/2 as, "The day I was diagnosed with cancer was the day I started to live." I'm reminded that some people have bigger problems.

I like 10/2 for more significant reasons too. It's the day that I met my significant stapler, who has officially put up with me for four years! Every 10/2, we buy a living thing and plant it in our yard -- not a person or animal that we bury alive, for clarification, but rather a plant or tree of some kind. It's just a sentimental way that we like to celebrate our day.

What's a great day to you? Happy 10/2!

3 comments:

Michelle Medley said...

Let me be the first to say congratulations for living life with Sig Stapler in such a rich and meaningful way.

You guys are such important "gifts" in this world. You make a difference. You matter. And we who know you are blessed for it.

I lift my champs glass to you!

Trixter said...

Congratulations on 4 fantastic years! And what an inspiring way to celebrate.

I'm sending you both a virtual toast!

Unknown said...

Yay! And what a great way to celebrate the day!