Friday, October 9, 2009

New Week's Resolutions, Part Deux

It's the end of the week in Cube City, and I'm here to report on my new week's resolution. I think my track record with resolutions is generally pretty poor, but you can't blame a girl for trying. How did Scissor Girl do?

Monday: I attended a cube dweller's birthday lunch and ordered a chili cheese dog. What the hell was I thinking?! Idiot! To make matters worse, a cube neighbor informed me that she had a very impressive candy jar with just about every kind of candy I could want. She was right, and I wanted/consumed just about every kind. In my defense, I didn't visit the original Candyland, but how was I supposed to know that a shiny new branch of the candy bank would be opening up next door to me? Monday: FAIL.

Tuesday: One minute, I was telling myself to stay away from the new branch of the candy bank. The next minute, I was a loyal customer making continuous withdrawals. Tuesday: EPIC FAIL. (Editor's note: Scissor Girl had to sweat out 21 writeups for a brand planning meeting and actually finished her assignment early due to all the candy coursing through her veins.)

Wednesday: I visited the new branch of the candy bank twice. Yes, twice. That's about 8,000 fewer visits than the previous two days, but I should've just stuck with online banking. Wednesday: PATHETIC BORDERLINE FAIL.

Thursday: I didn't let myself visit the candy bank at all. If I needed to talk to the candy banker, I called or emailed. No drive-thrus, no walk-ins. I busied myself with work and carrot sticks. It just wasn't the same...in so many ways. I finally met my resolution, if only for the day. Thursday: BETTER LATE THAN NEVER.

Friday: Today is yet to be determined, but I'm working from my safe place. There's never any food here that isn't healthy, so I'm predicting success unless the cupcake fairy shows up at my door. Note to self about Friday: DON'T ANSWER THE DOOR.

How did it go with your own resolutions for this week?

No comments: