Friday, October 16, 2009

A Pedi for Your Thoughts

I have an amusing friend in a different Cube City with a very specific list of the things that bother her. You don't hear or see the list all at once, as it's in her head. But if you unknowingly bring something up in conversation that happens to be on the list, you are going to hear about it.

The last time we got together, she was telling me how she likes French manicures but thinks French pedicures are oooky. I can't say that I had an opinion one way or the other before she started explaining why French pedicures are wrong. I can't even remember her reasons for why French pedicures are wrong, but she somehow convinced me that they are indeed oooky.

At a meeting the other day in Cube City, I was sitting next to a woman with open-toed shoes who had -- you guessed it -- a French pedicure. I found myself inching up to the conference room table so as not to have to see her feet. I was getting oooked out. It's interesting how a friend's thoughts can influence how you view the feet below you.

1 comment:

Trixter said...

French pedicures ook me out because of the length that the nails typically have to be -- that's just too much toe nail to seem hygienic. Bleh!