Monday, October 19, 2009

Same Job, Different Face

I need to process something, cube dwellers, and I hope you can help me.

Last week in Cube City, I received a resume from our recruiter for a position that's not even open, but that's not the part I find difficult to process. The resume's owner was the long-time girlfriend (at least 8 years, maybe longer) of the only person I've ever had to fire -- except that, according to her new last name, she's now married to that guy.

Okaaaay. Who besides me thinks this is odd? May I see a show of hands? What person in their right mind would apply for the same position in the same company where her then-boyfriend-now-husband got fired -- especially when the position isn't even hiring?!

Surely this is a joke. Ugh. Weird. But maybe it isn't...and that's the part that I find most difficult to process.

2 comments:

Trixter said...

Yikes! That's just ... weird. In all kinds of ways. What would happen if she actually got the job and was good at it? That would make for some awkward dinner conversations!

Michelle Medley said...

I'm confounded. Makes the circle of life feel like the ring in the hands of Gollum.