Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Boob Job

There are some jobs that we should never talk about in Cube City. Well, okay, we can talk about them, but that's where it ends. Please. I'm talking about boob jobs.

I used to work with a woman who longed for a boob job. She'd talk to her husband about it on the phone and would share the status of those conversations with anyone who would listen. I didn't mind her keeping me abreast of the situation. I figure we all have reasons for what we want or what we do, and that's all that really matters. It's also nice to learn about something that enhances another person's life. You can put a price on new boobs, but learning? Learning is priceless.

My co-worker eventually got her boob job and was so thrilled about it that she started showing anyone who would look. She wanted us to admire and touch her new boobs in the restroom. She was really proud of these newborn twins and spoke in great detail about how they were born and raised. Okay, I can understand the excitement and pride...but I don't need to see the finished product. I also don't need to get in trouble with Human Resources, especially since I am not willingly admiring or touching the twins. I'm here to work, not to work it. Cube City or bust, please.

No comments: