Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday

One of my biggest pet peeves in Cube City is when I'm trying to check personal email and my workload gets in the way.

Well, not really, but...yeah, well, okay, um, actually I do find it annoying.

But anyway, a few friends and family members send personal emails to me on a daily basis. Some of these people are not on the best terms with the written word and don't really know what to say, so they'll insert the current day of the week in the subject line of their emails.

As if that's not torturously anti-writer enough, they'll proceed to write about the day of the week and how it ranks to Friday. They'll do this for every blasted day of the week, often rehashing the previous day.

Example 1
Subject: Monday
Message: I can't believe it's Monday again. But once we get through today, we'll have only four days until the weekend!

Example 2
Subject: Tuesday
Message: Well, it's Tuesday, which is better than Monday. We're a little closer to Friday!

Example 3
Subject: Wednesday
Message: Happy Hump Day! We're halfway there!

Example 4
Subject: Thursday
Message: Tomorrow is Friday! We've almost made it another week!

Example 5
Subject: Friday
Message: TGIF! Hope you have a great weekend, even though Monday always comes around way too fast!

Uh-muh-guh. This type of full-circle email monotony is excruciating for someone like me. It's like this countdown every day of every week, reminding me of the drudgery and pain commonly associated with Cube City, and sometimes I just can't stand it.

Is it Friday yet?

No comments: