Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Spitter

I've taken up residence next to some total characters in Cube City over the years. One of the most memorable characters is a guy with a really intense spitting fetish.

The Spitter had to be spitting something at all times. I think it's how he felt whole in a half-assed place, really. If he wasn't spitting sunflower seeds into a cup, he was spitting tobacco. I could hear the little "pit...pit" sound he made while in spitting mode throughout the day, and it drove me a little batty.

He was a resourceful spitter too. If he didn't have a cup to spit in, he'd use the trash can or even a half-full bottle of Dr. Pepper. At the moment, I can't think of anything more revolting than sunflower seeds and tobacco debris bobbing around in a sea of soda, but check in with me tomorrow. I'm sure I'll either think of or encounter something worse by then.

No comments: